Feedback Thoughts

 Sevens Ways to Crush Self-Doubt & Make Good Art: Neil Gaiman's Advice on the Creative Life

     First off my thoughts on feedback specifically from your peers are that I find it very beneficial. I really enjoyed going back to my blogposts in Indian Epics and reading what my classmates had to say on posts. Last semester we did the same thing and I focused on How to Tame Your Inner Critic: A Simple Habit to Rewire Your Brain & Why it's so hard to hear negative feedback and I found both of those articles very helpful. The first article I looked at for this semester focused on crushing self-doubt. It highlighted a number of tactics you could use in order to accomplish this. 2 of those that stuck out to me the most were embracing a growth mindset which we have instilled already this semester and trusting yourself. Both of these will lead to the self-confidence you need to advance yourself and embracing vulnerability. The second article by Neil Gaiman focused on a number of things. The thing that resonated the most with me was the quote "If you're not making mistakes, you're not taking enough risks", which leads back to being vulnerable and actively pursuing a change to better yourself.

Growth Mindset


(Source: Pixabay)


Article 1: Source

Article 2: Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Goated Wes

Week 13 Story: The End of Art