Topic Brainstorm

 Topic Brainstorm

After browsing the project ideas index I have chosen the 4 following topics that I am the most interested in:

Option 1. The first topic I found the most interesting to advance in was The Greek Underworld. I have some knowledge of the three godbrothers Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. I am a big fan of the Percy Jackson movie series and that is where my interest and background on this topic come from. I think it would be cool to write a story of my own of three godbrothers. I believe my imaginative nature might be able to make some good stories out of this topic. 

Resource Link

Option 2. The second topic I am interested in exploring for the semester project is Japanese fairy tales. I am a really big fan of anime and some of my stories in Indian epics derived from my interest in anime. I think because obviously anime is apart of Japanese culture I can really make some good stories related to Japanese fairy tales. After looking at the topic is coincides with a lot of the ideas I may put into my writing. 

Resource Link

Option 3. The third option is the OU ghost stories. I would have never imagined this was a topic option and the idea alone sounds very enticing to explore. I don't know hardly any ghost stories of OU besides the tradition of looking up in the clock tower and that determined the fate of your classes for the next four years. I think this topic would be really fun as I could create my own ghost stories about OU. This topic seems very promising in that I would have a lot of control over what goes into it.

Resource Link

Option 4. My final option would be possibly Cherokee stories. My background in this topic is that I actually am apart of the Cherokee nation which I had found out this past year. I think it would be fun to learn more about my heritage and take in that information to write a story. After exploring the possibilities of the topic I think it would allow for some really great stories. The movie Wind River is also an inspiration to explore this topic after seeing that movie I can say that you can create a really good story while including the culture of Native Americans

Resource Link

Wind River Movie

(Source: NY Times)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Goated Wes

Week 13 Story: The End of Art