Topic Research

Topic Research 

The topic I am declaring to further is Japanese fairy tales, I am a big fan of the number of characters I can use in my stories with such a vast amount of supernatural characters in Japanese literature. 

Kitsune

Kitsune is known as a fox in English and is a common aspect of Japanese folklore. Stories are known to depict foxes as intelligent beings possessing paranormal abilities. I am actually extremely familiar with this concept from one of the animes I have watched. This is just one of the many characters I could use in my stories. 

Source

Nine-tailed fox spirit

(Source: Wikipedia Japanese Portal)

Tengu


Tengu is a type of legendary creature and considered a type of supernatural being in Japanese folklore. What makes them cool is they are traditionally depicted with both human and avian characteristics. This is just another fun aspect I could play with and I see a lot of potential with Tengu as a character in a story.


Source


Amaterasu


Amaterasu is known as the goddess of the sun in Japanese mythology. Amaterasu is also known to be on the "three precious children", the three most important offspring of the creator god. I think I  could write an interesting story where there is a feud between the "three precious children". 


Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Goated Wes

Week 13 Story: The End of Art