Week 10 Lab: Writers Write

 Week 10 Lab

    For this week story lab I decided to browse the writers write page and here are two articles I found that I really liked:

Cheat Sheets For Writing Body Language 

This article discussed body language which is when people react to situations with expressions, and these expressions can be perceived and interpreted by others. The authors discussed how to use it in writing, specifically, how using body language is a great way to show and not tell when we write. They discuss that when completing your character's biography describes how they move and talk. Two of their top five tips when using body language was using it to add depth to the dialogue. Another tip I liked was to use body language to show how your character's emotions affect his or her actions.


155 Words To Describe An Author's Tone

In this article, they discuss tone and describe it as an author's use of words and writing style to convey his or her attitude towards a topic.  They discuss finding a correct tone and doing that by asking yourself certain questions:

    Why am I writing this?

    Who is my intended audience?

    What do I want the reader to learn, understand, or think about?

Here are few words they put to describe tone that I liked: Absurd, Caustic, Defiant, Jaded, Scornful, World-Weary, & Wretched

    

(Source: Writers Write)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Goated Wes

Week 13 Story: The End of Art