Week 13 Story: The End of Art

The End of Art
        Art had just won his fierce battle against the mighty Mordred, however, he would not leave this battle unscathed. Mordred had managed to injure Art with a slash to the gut just before getting slain. Art had been bleeding profusely and was being tended to by his sire Tomas. Art had told his sire that his final wish would be to return his sword from which it had came in the sea. Tomas agreed and promised to uphold Art’s dying wish. When Tomas received the sword he examined it and saw the many jewels embedded around the sheath. Tomas asked Art, “Are you sure you want to rid of this sword, it would be better off in someone else’s possession?”. Art replied, “Yes, I have thought long and hard about this and want my sword returned to sea as I part ways with this earth.” Tomas left to the other side of the forest where the sea was and decided to hide the sword in a bush instead of getting rid of it. He returned to Art and told him he had got rid of the sword. Art asked him, “What did you see when you threw the sword in the water?”. Tomas replied, “I saw the waves of the water.” Immediately Art knew Tomas was lying about what he had saw so he told him to and throw the sword in the water again. Tomas was unsure how he knew he was lying about getting rid of the sword. It was Tomas’ heart at fault as he couldn’t bring himself to get rid of such a valuable item, given he had come from a poor family. The Tomas remembered how much Art has done for him and his family in their time of need. Tomas went to the river and thru the sword in the water and as he did it a spirit rose from the water and caught the hilt of the sword. Tomas returned to find Art was dead with a smile on his face.

Mordred Slain by Art

(Image Information: Illustrated by H.J. Ford)

Authors Note: For this story, I decided to adapt the story of King Arthur, ie. Art. I took the story King Arthur as he met his fate and changed the characters a bit. In the original story King Arthur had finished a battle with Mordred and requested Sir Bedivere get rid of his sword. Similar to what I wrote in this story I only changed a bit of the dialogue and the characters. Finally, I finished with instead of a hand rising out of the water catching King Arthur’s (Art) sword, a spirit does.

Bibliography: Reading Notes - King Arthur: The End of Arthur

Comments

  1. Hey Wesley!
    Nice story! I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with the story of King Author, but I had no idea he died! (or at least there was a story of him dying). I guess his soul was tied with the sword? At least that's how I perceived the story! I can't imagine being on your deathbed, asking someone for a final request, and then finding out they lied about it! I would've been pretty mad but I am glad his friend did as he wished at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Goated Wes